n32 ABI problem when building a mipsel n32 cross compile uclibc toolchain

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 11:10:30 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:39:03AM +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>Hi,
>
> Bernhard> And second, AFAIK the buildroot from svn aparently only
> Bernhard> works for some i386 and a few arm variants. My tree
> Bernhard> (http://repo.or.cz/w/buildroot.git) was tested to compile
> Bernhard> fine on a wider set of arches, fwiw.
>
>Not true. I'm using it regularly for ppc and have used it for mips as
>well (~6months ago).

That's interresting since you would have tripped issues with building kernel
modules on pcc then and i do not see any patches in svn that fix this issue.

As for mips (and arm, bfin, cris, ppc, sh, xtensa), where are the patches
to make sure that one is able to install kernel headers under all
circumstances? Where is proper mips abi propagation down to e.g. uClibc,
to name just one mips related thing that i remember offhand?

Been there, done that, so i don't really buy your "Not true." ;)

> Bernhard> So, as said, please direct your buildroot questions to the buildroot list.
>
>Exactly.

indeed.
EOT :)