svn commit: branches/uClibc-nptl: include libc/stdlib/malloc-standard libc etc...

Chris Metcalf cmetcalf at tilera.com
Fri Aug 8 16:04:14 UTC 2008

On 7/29/2008 10:50 AM, Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
> Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> libc/misc/utmp/utent.c:38: warning: braces around scalar initializer
>> libc/misc/utmp/utent.c:38: warning: (near initialization for
>> 'utmplock.__data.__spins')
>>
>> any idea ? I'm not sure it's related to use of futex.
>>
>> Carmelo
>>

> Looked at this better, and I'm convinced it's not correct.
> pthread_mutex_t contains all scalar entries, extra braces are not required.

I'm also seeing this in my port on the "tile" architecture, using the
latest nptl branch code now.  In my build I use -Werror, since I don't
want to accidentally start building code with obvious warnings in it, so
I'll have to #ifdef the extra braces away on our architecture (yuck).

I have a different, though somewhat related problem; I've changed the
lowlevellock code to be more efficient on our architecture, so the "int
__lock" has to be "__lll_lock_t lock" (a two-word struct), and I pull
that type and the __LLL_LOCK_INITIALIZER into pthreadtypes.h, then use
it in pthread.h.

But maybe we should just admit that there's going to be architectural
skew here, and move the definition of the initializer into the
per-architecture pthreadtypes.h, to go next to the actual structure
definition that it's initializing?

--
Chris Metcalf, Tilera Corp.
http://www.tilera.com