Now I'm curious...

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Wed Sep 5 12:46:19 UTC 2007

> As I see it, there are basically these possible courses of action:
>
> * Change nothing; or

Which is bad.

> * Ask current uclibc maintainers and Peter whether they are interested
>   in applying his work to svn, having him continue to work on svn head and
>   him putting out releases, at which point further stabilization
>   of release branch is done by current uclibc maintainers
>   and/or Rob Landley; or

I would be interested in applying Peter's work to svn. I either forgot
or was unaware that he maintained his own repository. After finishing
the NPTL stuff, I dropped off on uClibc maintenance and keeping up with
the mailing list. I will take a patch set that fixes a certain bug or
adds a specific feature, but please do not submit a big huge patch that
fixes twenty different things. Also, if you have a reference to a bug
in Bugzilla, let me know that too so we can update its status.

> * Ask Peter to start putting out his own releases _somewhere else_ than
>   http://www.uclibc.org/, and see how good it will be in the long run.

Not a good idea. Let's see what stuff Peter has lurking in his
repository.

-Steve