Migration from glibc to uclibc [fix typos]

Vikas TM vikas.tm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 06:09:44 UTC 2007

Dear all,
I am facing below error during migration from glibc to uclibc,

tar zxf /usr/share/allgon/mcu-linux/downloads/openntpd-3.6.1p1.tar.gz
(cd /usr/slask/pwav/checkout/mcu/hcl/vikas/mcu/openntpd-3.6.1p1 &&
CC=powerpc-linux-uclibc-gcc ./configure \
   --host=powerpc-linux-uclibc
--prefix=/usr/slask/pwav/checkout/mcu/hcl/vikas/mcu/targfs
--disable-gopher --disable-ldap --disable-dict --disable-telnet
--disable-manual --disable-ipv6 --enable-thread)
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking for powerpc-linux-uclibc-gcc... powerpc-linux-uclibc-gcc
checking whether we are cross compiling... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether powerpc-linux-uclibc-gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for powerpc-linux-uclibc-gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for powerpc-linux-uclibc-ranlib... powerpc-linux-uclibc-ranlib
checking for ar... /usr/bin/ar
checking for inline... inline
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... Invalid configuration
`powerpc-linux-uclibc': system `uclibc' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub powerpc-linux-uclibc failed
make: *** [/usr/slask/pwav/checkout/mcu/hcl/vikas/mcu/openntpd-3.6.1p1/config.status]
Error 1

please provide me solution,
Thanks & Regards
Vikas TM