segmentation fault of dynamic executables with ld-uClibc.so.0 from 0.9.29 on mipsel

Carsten Lange calange at aastra.com
Thu May 31 09:01:38 UTC 2007

Hi all,
I used buildroot to build 3 toolchains for mipsel with different uClibc versions and same versions of binutils and gcc:
binutils version 2.17
gcc version 4.1.2
kernel-headers 2.4.25
uClibc versions
0.9.28
0.9.28.3
0.9.29
I discovered that dynamically linked executables do segfault when I use 0.9.29.
uClibc version 0.9.28 and 0.9.28.3 are working fine.
When I copy ld-uClibc.so.0 from uClibc version 0.9.28 and 0.9.28.3 onto the target replacing the ld-uClibc.so.0 from 0.9.29 everything works fine as well.
Any help is very much welcome!
Carsten