probably very dumb toolchain question

Christopher Friedt cfriedt at visible-assets.com
Mon May 21 17:22:44 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

99% of my intuition tells me that this is even a stupid question to ask,
but I would probably kick myself later if my intuition was wrong.

Is there any reason one woul need to compile the linux kernel with the
same toolchain as the userspace binaries?

I'm already re-build a uclibc userspace with a separately compiled
kernel to replace the larger glibc binaries on my board, and I haven't
encountered any errors at all so far...

The kernel has it's own libc, so I would imagine that it's completely
unnecessary ... but ... I just thought that I would ask.

~/Chris