Installing headers with 0.9.29 spawns gcc errors

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Sat May 19 09:41:04 UTC 2007

On Saturday 19 May 2007 08:44, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> is that the only place that is causing warnings for your headers install ?

Yes. When using HOSTCC (which is wrong) the warnings (in fact they are cc1
errors) do no longer happen.

> it'll be hard to make that step conditional (assuming we want to in the first

Conditional on what?

> place) ... we def dont want to go sending stderr to /dev/null as when there
> is an error (like unable to locate asm/unistd.h), we want to see that ...

Assuming this header is not needed, it shouldn't be generated during the
headers step, but rather in the 'full' uClibc later on. In which case we _do_
want to see the error, you're right.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |