0.9.29, somethings wrong with linker or threading

Kevin Day thekevinday at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:51:01 UTC 2007

On 5/15/07, Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 21:03 -0600, Kevin Day wrote:
> > First off, good job with this version, for the most part it is
> > noticably working better than the previous versions.
> >
> > I just ran into a problem with either posix threads (stable)
> > (LINUXTHREADS_OLD=y) or something weird going on with the dynamic
> > linker.
>
> The dynamic linker hasn't received much updates lately, I suspect
> toolchain. Maybe a if you compile uClibc with SUPPORT_LD_DEBUG=y
> and run your test app with
>   LD_DEBUG=all ./a.out
> can tell us more.

I started a fresh build and set all debug options on.
However, before I can get to re-testing this problem, turning the
debug options on caused some new problems.

while compiling gcc, the following occurs "error: storage size of
'dostat' is unknown"
looking into <bits/stat.h>, should 'struct stat' be 'typedef struct stat' ?

I suspect this error is being generated due to the
SUPPORT_LD_DEBUG_EARLY, so i am going to disable that and try again.

--
Kevin Day