How to create bin file

Samir samir.rawal at tokheimkaizen.com
Sat Mar 31 09:57:49 UTC 2007

Dear All

I am a new user of uClibc.

I am having a ready tool chain having GCC-2.95.3, binutils-2.14.90.0.6 &
uClibc-0.9.18, working on ARM9

I want to update my tool chain.

So I start the work to build the tool chain from Scratch.

I am taking a reference from Book author Karim Yaghmour (Building Embedded
Linux Systems)

I start the work by updating tools one by one.

Right now I am using GCC-3.2.2, binutils-2.14.90.0.6& uClibc-0.9.25.

Compilation of tools can be OK.

It's not installing a bin file (this option is removed in new version after
uClibc-0.9.22).

(The mailer is suggested to use buildroot.)

Which steps I need to follow for generating bin file?

It's required in CROSS_COMPILE path in Kernel Make file.

Can anybody suggest what to do?

Samir Raval

(R&D Department)

Tokheim Kaizen Pvt. Ltd.