Some problem when building uClibc

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Mar 28 19:34:39 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 5:36 am, sumit.jain at nokia.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am trying to build a tool chain for scratchbox with uClibc 0.9.28.1
> > and am having some issues.
> >
> > When the uclibc build starts make <some options> pregen install_dev is
> > called. Before that .config file is placed in the uclibc directory.
> > When that happens typically it should pick up the .config and start
> > the build rather than waiting for me to put in values. But that's not
> > the case. I am getting the following on the screen and the make stops
> > for me to enter values
> > .config:64: trying to assign nonexistent symbol UCLIBC_PIE_SUPPORT
> > .config:67: trying to assign nonexistent symbol UCLIBC_PROPOLICE
> > .config:68: trying to assign nonexistent symbol UCLIBC_PROFILING

Your .config is out of sync so it's running "make oldconfig", which is
prompting you for new data.  Update your .config, then it won't prompt you
anymore.

If you never want to have to update it, and just use the defaults for anything
new, you can add this to your build in some appropriate place:

yes "" | make oldconfig

On the other hand, there's often a _reason_ for it to prompt you about this
sort of thing... :)

I avoid all this with miniconfig, myself:
http://uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2007-March/017612.html

Rob
--
Vista: Windows Millenium Second Edition