What's the difference between arch-specific header files of uClib and those header files of linux kernel

Ahan Hsieh 謝武漢 ahan.hsieh at sunplus.com
Fri Mar 23 02:53:05 UTC 2007

Dear all,

Now, I want to port uClibc to a new architecture.
And I have already port uCliunx to this architecture.

When I port uClibc to this new architecture, I got a trouble.

Take fcntl.h as an example:
In uClibc/libc/sysdeps/linux/ARCH/bits/fcntl.h of uClibc,
there is also a fcntl.h in linux-2.6.x/include/asm-ARCH/fcntl.h of linux
kernel.

I traced some architectures' (such as mips, arm, ...) source,
these architectures owns a fcntl.h in
uClibc/libc/sysdeps/linux/ARCH/bits/fcntl.h of uClibc,
and is different from linux-2.6.x/include/asm-ARCH/fcntl.h of linux kernel
?

Why don't they use the sam fcntl.h ?

If one day, the architecture some macro's definition of linux kernel,
dose macro's definition of uClibc need to be modified?

Best regards,
Ahan Hsieh
Ahan Hsieh
Sunplus Technology Co., Ltd.