e500 libm patches.

Steve Papacharalambous stevep at freescale.com
Tue Mar 20 07:55:23 UTC 2007

Hi Jocke,

Thanks for getting back to me about the e500 uClibc libm patches.
Please see in line answers,

Best regards,

Steve

On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 17:58 +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Hi Steve
>
> I started to look at your math patches again :)

These will be used by the printf and scanf extensions for the e500 to
add long double support.  I haven't done the patches to the printf and
scanf functions needed to use these functions yet as I was waiting until
all the main e500 code had been merged.

However if you want to drop long double support for now we can just
ignore the patch: uclibc-20070216-e500-libm-string.patch  and we can
look at this later on.

> Is it possible to build a non math enabled uClibc system?

Not sure what you mean here?  If you're asking whether uClibc can be
configured and built for e500 and soft float then the answer is yes.

> The file machine-ieeefp.h contains a lot of non powerpc
> code, why is this file placed here?

Mainly because this it is only used by the string functions and it was
in the local directory in the glibc port, so I left it in the same place
for the uClibc port.

However, if you want to ignore support for long double for the time
being and not apply the libm-string patch mentioned above, then
machine-ieeefp.h will not exist.

> There also appers to be long double support in here
> and uClibc does not support long double yet and when
> it does there will probably be wrapper funs that
> maps the long double to just double to keep the
> size down. Lets drop long double for now.

The removal of the libm-string patch should remove all the long double
support code.

> fprrest.c  fprsave.c are empty files

Deleted.

> There are a few:
> versioned_symbol (libm, __feclearexcept, feclearexcept, GLIBC_2_2);
> that's is very glibc only ATM.

Removed these lines.

> Please send new patches relative these and not against SVN as I
> have already applied these patches locally.

OK.

New patch: uclibc-20070216-e500-libm-e500-02.patch attached.

1/ uclibc-20070119-e500-libm-classic.patch is unchanged.

2/ uclibc-20070216-e500-libm-e500.patch replaced with
uclibc-20070216-e500-libm-e500-02.patch which is attached to this email.

3/ uclibc-20070216-e500-libm-string.patch no longer needed until support
for long double implemented.