svn commit: trunk/uClibc/extra/Configs

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Mar 19 19:39:30 UTC 2007

On Monday 19 March 2007 9:07 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 12:38:17PM -0700, landley at uclibc.org wrote:
> >Author: landley
> >Date: 2007-03-16 12:38:14 -0700 (Fri, 16 Mar 2007)
> >New Revision: 18127
> >
> >Log:
> >No configs actually set LIBGCC_CFLAGS to anything, and it's not even
> >written into the resulting .config, so remove it.
>

> Rules.mak:LIBGCC_CFLAGS ?= $(CFLAGS) $(CPU_CFLAGS-y)
> Rules.mak:LIBGCC:=$(shell $(CC) $(LIBGCC_CFLAGS) -print-libgcc-file-name)
>
> still would have used it if set

You can set it as an environment variable, or from the command line.  Having
it in config was vestigial because there was no way to edit that in any menu,
and the visibility predicates prevented it from being saved into the
resulting .config.

I didn't change the makefiles.  If you set LIBGCC_CFLAGS as an environment
variable or on the command line (for whatever reason) the makefile still uses
it.  I was just cleaning up the config system a bit while I tested the
miniconfig stuff.

Rob
--
Vista: Windows Millenium Second Edition