How to build gen_mmap for target (ARM)

Will Newton will.newton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 10:14:18 UTC 2007

On 3/14/07, Brian Clarke <brian.clarke at oxsemi.com> wrote:

> I did read extra/locale/README. It suggests I need to 'run the mmap file
> generator' on the target, but I can't work out how to do this. I
> wondered whether the gen_mmap.c source was related to this, but there's
> no target for this in the Makefile and my attempts to build it
> separately have so far failed.
>
> Do you know whether gen_mmap.c is what produces to mmap file generator?
> If so do you have any hints as to how to build it?

I did it once, it was pretty painful. You do need to run gen_mmap on
the target, even if you have the same endianness as the target to make
sure alignment and struct packing are correct, it seems to be a
crucial step. AFAICR you just need to run it with no arguments on the
target, you'll probably need to hack the makefile to get it to build
though.

I recommend once you have it's output generated you check it into your
source control. ;-)