How to build gen_mmap for target (ARM)

Brian Clarke brian.clarke at oxsemi.com
Wed Mar 14 09:34:49 UTC 2007

Mike Frysinger wrote:

>On Thursday 08 March 2007, Brian Clarke wrote:
>

>>can anyone suggest another route to generating locale data
>>

>in the past, i just used the README
>
>extra/locale/README
>
>anything beyond that is RTFS and/or black magic
>
>g'luck
>-mike

I did read extra/locale/README. It suggests I need to 'run the mmap file
generator' on the target, but I can't work out how to do this. I
wondered whether the gen_mmap.c source was related to this, but there's
no target for this in the Makefile and my attempts to build it
separately have so far failed.

Do you know whether gen_mmap.c is what produces to mmap file generator?
If so do you have any hints as to how to build it?

Brian.