compatibility of 0.9.28.x

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Mar 6 18:44:51 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 1:14 pm, Rogelio Serrano wrote:
> On 3/7/07, Rupert Mazzucco <rmaz at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Just to reassure myself before I screw up my system:  When the 0.9.28.x
releases are announced as "a drop in replacement for the 0.9.28 release
series", that means they can simply replace the 0.9.28 libs and I won't have
to recompile my apps, right?

> not so fast if you are using gcc 4.1.2.
>
> after i "dropped in" 0.9.28.3 my cc1 failed to resolve __divdi3.

If the compiler you built uClibc with isn't the compiler you build libgcc_s
with, you may have problems.  This has nothing to do with uClibc versions,
though, it's due to libgcc_s being a horrible idea in the first place which
entirely gcc's fault.  (Build the sucker with --disable-shared if you expect
anything like portability.)

Yes, 0.9.28.3 is a bugfix-only release.  It should be a drop-in replacement.

Rob
--
Vista: Windows Millenium Second Edition