compiling gcc on the DOC

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Jun 14 15:47:55 UTC 2007

On Thursday 14 June 2007 06:00:14 abhiram at ee.iitb.ac.in wrote:
> have a couple of more questions...
>
> when i build a c++ compiler in the native toolchain(using buildroot)...the
> size(~80MB) is 4 times as large as when i just build a c compiler...i

Yeah, that sounds like C++.  Not our fault. :)

> noticed that this is mainly because of two precompiled header files
> o0g.gch and 02g.gch in /usr/include....compile time is not an issue with
> me....so how can i get a smaller system?

Did you try cxx.uclibc.org?  Dunno if it'll help this particular problem, but
its' author knows more about C++ than you're likely to find here.

> i need a c++ compiler because the graphic libraries i have come across are
> based on c++....is thr any small footprint graphic library which works
> with uclibc...

When you say "graphic library" I think "SDL".  I suspect you mean "toolkit",
and the specific one you're referring to is qt embedded?

> or any other way to build a small gui for a uclibc based
> system.....something like linux framebuffer+directfb+fbui....

Sure.  There's gtk for the framebuffer.

> also where
> can i get info abt compatibility issues regarding tinyx...as in,will it
> work with matchbox, qt/embedded etc?

Ask in the buildroot list.  This is the wrong list.

Rob