compiling gcc on the DOC

Christian MICHON christian.michon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 17:47:18 UTC 2007

On 6/12/07, abhiram at ee.iitb.ac.in <abhiram at ee.iitb.ac.in> wrote:
> I could use a pre-compiled development system which will give me a native
> compiler. But I want to compile it myself from the source(and hopefully
> learn something along the way :D). How do I compile gcc such that it is
> linked to the uclibc libraries on the diskonchip and not the glibc on the
> knoppix CD.

for example, you would need a statically compiled toolchain:
gcc, binutils, make, bash, bison, flex, od, tail. You also need
to modify manually the specs file to target ld-uClibc.so.0

then you need to install kernel headers, compile uclibc,
recompile busybox and all the tools mentionned above.

the real trick is to modify the ld-linux.so.2 into ld-uClibc.so.0

is this diskonchip x86 compatible ? if so, I'm building a
uclibc distro with squashfs loadable modules (like slax).

version 0.3 will be released soon, and will have all the
goodies you need. the link for the distro is inside my
signature...

--
Christian