AW: segmentation fault of dynamic executables with ld-uClibc.so.0 from0.9.29 on mipsel

Carsten Lange calange at aastra.com
Fri Jun 1 06:42:35 UTC 2007

I used LD_DEBUG=all ./app but nothing was shown at all.
Investigating the code shows that this functionality is disabled for __mips__ anyway.
... snip from dl-string.h

/* The following macros may be used in dl-startup.c to debug

* ldso before ldso has fixed itself up to make function calls */

/* On some (wierd) arches, none of this stuff works at all, so

* disable the whole lot... */

#if defined(__mips__)

# define SEND_STDERR(X)

# define SEND_ADDRESS_STDERR(X, add_a_newline)

# define SEND_NUMBER_STDERR(X, add_a_newline)

#else

... snap

Using gdbserver is not easy because I have to link it static. I will set up such debug environment

I hoped that someone has run into the same problem and has found the reason/workaroug for this.

Carsten