About timeval

Roberto Riggio rriggio at ufl.edu
Fri Jul 13 20:49:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right ML. I'm compiling a program of
mine for
the mipsel platform. More specifically for a wireless router
(WGT634U)
running openwrt.

However I have a strange behavior with the timeval struct. This is
fragment of the code:

gettimeofday(&t1, (struct timezone *)0);

t2.tv_sec = t1.tv_sec + delta;
t2.tv_usec = t1.tv_usec + ((unsigned long)(delta*1000000) %
1000000);

printf("t2 set to: %s\n",tvtoa(endtime));

The output of printf is always wrong. SOmetime it is a time before
t1,
other times it is after.

Please note that when I compile this software for the x86 platform
(not
using uclibc) everything works fine.

Where is the Problem?

Roberto Riggio
PhD Student

Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering - University of
Florida
435 Engineering Building, P.O. Box 116130

e-mail: rriggio at ufl.edu
home page: http://dit.unitn.it/~riggio/