does anyone of you have a patch to remove ncurses from uclibc ?

Kevin Day thekevinday at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 15:54:21 UTC 2007

On 7/9/07, Christian MICHON <christian.michon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm facing a catch 22 issue (ncurses mostly).
>
> I need to be able to do a "make oldconfig" without having
> uclibc nor ncurses installed yet. to do so, I need to have
> ncurses "removed" from uclibc-0.9.29.
>
> does anyone of you already has a patch for this ?
> any clue on what to change ?
> Thanks
>
> --
> Christian
> --

If I am understanding you correctly, I believe I had had this happen
before, for me it was a problem with an external intl while ncurses
tried to build the menu.
Here is my solution:

sed -i -e 's|$(HOSTCC) $(HOST_EXTRACFLAGS) $(HOSTCFLAGS)
$(HOSTCFLAGS_$@) $(HOST_LOADLIBES) $< -o $@|& -lintl|'
extra/config/Makefile
sed -i -e 's|$(HOSTCC) $(HOST_EXTRACFLAGS) $(HOSTCFLAGS)
$(HOSTCFLAGS_$@) $(HOST_LOADLIBES) $($@-objs) -o $@|& -lintl|'
extra/config/Makefile
sed -i -e 's|$(HOSTCC) $(HOST_EXTRACFLAGS) $(HOSTCFLAGS)
$(HOSTCFLAGS_$@) -c $< -o $@|& -lintl|' extra/config/Makefile

--
Kevin Day