uClibc 0.9.28.1 is out the door

Kevin Day thekevinday at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 15:37:53 UTC 2007

On 1/28/07, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:
> break your teeth on it cause 0.9.28.1 has been released
> http://www.uclibc.org/downloads/uClibc-0.9.28.1.tar.bz2
> -mike

for uClibc 0.9.28.1:

the #ifndef __set_errno from libc/sysdeps/linux/i386/bits/syscall.h
was removed.  (and it is not removed from other architectures).
I had a problem compiling gpart, which uses a syscall command for llseek.
During the linking phase, __set_errno was undefined.
Somehow __set_errno can still be undefined, even with errno.h included
(which then includes bits/errno.h, where __set_errno is defined).

__set_errno is used in the syscall.h file, so in order to compile
gpart I had to put the #ifndef __set_errno back inside of the
syscall.h header file.

#ifndef __set_errno
# define __set_errno(val) (* __errno_location ()) = (val)
#endif

On another note, why is it only removed from i386?

--
Kevin Day