Updated patches for e500 port for uClibc

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Mon Jan 29 12:28:01 UTC 2007

Had a quick look at this one and found two issues:
1)
   +	CPU_CFLAGS-$(CONFIG_E500) += "-mcpu=8548 -mhard-float
-mfloat-gprs=double"
Don't think you should hardcode -mhard-float and -mcpu=8548(don't know
what -mfloat-gprs=double does)

2)
+#ifdef __PIC__
+	b __sigjmp_save at plt
+#else
+	b __sigjmp_save
+#endif

This breaks SecurePLT, replace with a "b __sigjmp_save at local"
SecurePLT was added recently to SVN.

> 2/ uclibc-20070119-e500-fpu-except-libm.patch
> This patch adds the e500 floating point exception functions to uClibc.
> The code in this section has been split into sub architectures in the
> same manner as above.
>
> 3/ uclibc-20070119-e500-string-libm.patch
> This patch adds the e500 SPE string conversion functions to uClibc.
>
> Most of the code has been ported from the e500 glibc port, and the
> original copyrights and license information have been left intact.
>
> Any chance of these patches getting merged into the main sources?
> I'd be happy to help out with any effort to get these merged
> in, and in the
> future maintenance of them,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Steve

Didn't look much at the last two patches.

It would help alot if you could separate pure renames from actual
changes.