__fswabXX symbol clash between uclibc and linux on CRIS

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Thu Jan 18 08:26:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Andreas Eckstein wrote:

> While trying to cross-build a CRIS system, I stumbled upon a symbol
> clash between uclibc and linux: __fswab16 and __fswab32, defined in
> <linux/byteorder/swab.h> and <bits/byteswap.h> (uclibc for CRIS
> architecture only), conflict when imported into the same file.

This is indeed the case in 0.9.27 but has been fixed since about a year
ago.

If you don't want to upgrade your whole uClibc installation, you should be
able to get the latest version of libc/sysdeps/linux/cris/bits/byteswap.h
from the repository at uclibc.org and drop it into your tree, and do a
remake, with no other changes.

/Ricard