Bummer: could not find ''!

Doug Kehn rdkehn at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 3 23:16:54 UTC 2007

Hi David,

--- David McCullough wrote:

> Hmm,  sounds like kernel config perhaps ?  We are
> building and testing
> on Xscale HW daily using 2.6.18 (and now 2.6.19),
> and AFAIK all is
> well.
>
> What sort of problems are you seeing ?

A lot of applications (mostly network related apps)
are failing to run the first time they are executed
after a reboot.  Subsequent executions succeed.  For
example, I call ip (from iproute2) from my rc script.
The first time ip is run I see:

ip: '/lib/' is not an ELF file
ip: can't load library ''

Subsequent executions of ip, from the same rc script,
run fine.  I'm also observing similar problems with
sshd and snpmd (from net-snmpd).

I enabled uClibc debug output (see attached) and
captured the first two calls to ip.

Any suggestions on what kernel options could be
related?

Thanks,
...doug