UTF-8 runtime environment

rockwell618 at gmail.com rockwell618 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 17:38:42 UTC 2007

OK, thanks.  Didn't realize UTF-8 support was "pretty alpha."

Before my original posting, I tried out uClibc with UTF-8 enabled and
whenever my application encountered a multi-byte char in an input
stream during a
fgetwc or fgetws read I received the error EILSEQ - Illegal byte
sequence.  This was the same behavior I saw before I added UTF-8.  My
initial thought was that there was something missing in my runtime
environment.

As far as you know, are multi-byte chars actually supported?  Have you
seen it work?

Thanks,
Todd