mipsel-linux build: not a dynamic executable

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Feb 12 01:21:51 UTC 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007 12:17 am, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Monday 05 February 2007, Doug the RockRat wrote:
> > libs ldd says are "not a dynamic executable"
>
> dont run the host ldd on the cross-compiled files ... it wont work even a
> little bit
> -mike

Did anyone ever make any progress on cross-compiling uClibc's ldd?  Shouldn't
be hard but the current makefiles don't seem to support it, last I checked
(over a month ago).

I.E. I want an x86 binary that dumps data from arm binaries.  I can get the
build to cough up an x86 binary that dumps x86 binaries, and an arm binary
that dumps arm binaries, but not a cross tool.

Or am I doing it wrong?

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery