realpath bug

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Thu Feb 8 19:04:43 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 07 February 2007, Miguel Angel Alvarez wrote:
> Hi. I have found a bug in realpath that did not allow me to use it with
> symlinks. Although I am using 0.9.28.1, the bug is present in 0.9.28 and
> also in the trunk.
>
> I attach a suggested patch. Please let me know if the solution is correct.

this patch for sure causes failures by not returning NULL in cases where it
should

could you give some examples rather than a vague description ?
-mike

P.S. start a new thread, dont hijack existing ones

P.P.S. if you're going inline patches, use a mail client that doesnt destroy
them ... otherwise attach the patches