mipsel-linux build: not a dynamic executable

Doug the RockRat rickyrockrat at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 05:00:51 UTC 2007

I am having terrible trouble getting some source code
to load.  It builds just fine on the cross compiler,
but when I go to load it, some (not all!) of the .so
libs ldd says are "not a dynamic executable", and the
loader says it can't find the lib when I attempt to
load it.

I built with a clean buildroot based on a 2007-02-02
build last week, and the link doesn't give me errors.

The odd thing is that I've compiled the 2.6.11 kernel
and various other applications (one with a libpng.so)
and they seem to work fine.

Any clue where I should even start to look?

Thanks,
Doug