Buildroot problem, Cannot Specify Modules Directory

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Fri Dec 28 20:13:10 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I tried asking this on the buildroot list but I have not received a reply.
I am asking again here hoping that what I believe to be a fairly simple
buildroot question can be answered here.

I am building with kernel sources based on the following patched kernel:
ftp://ftp.embeddedarm.com/ts-arm-linux-cd/sources/tskernel-2.6.21-ts-src.tar.gz

I have configured buildroot to use this source for the headers and for the
kernel, I have provided the .config's and such and tweaked them to my
specific needs (at least as well as my experience allows) but I get hung up
when at the following:
/home/coreyfro/harm/buildroot/build_arm/staging_dir/bin/arm-linux-depmod26
-b /home/coreyfro/harm/buildroot/project_build_arm/Orb-Swarm/root 2.6.21.7
WARNING: Couldn't open directory
/home/coreyfro/harm/buildroot/project_build_arm/Orb-Swarm/root/lib/modules/2.6.21.7:
No such file or directory

This directory doesn't exist because the kernel I am using wants to put
modules here:
buildroot/project_build_arm/#########/root/lib/modules/2.6.21-ts

How SHOULD I fix this (I say "should" because I am very creative when it
comes to doing things the wrong way.)

I don't believe that including config files is needed because this should be
relatively cut and dry, but not enough, so, as to be easy to find searching
the mailing list. Let me know if these files would be helpful.  I would need
to spend some effort sanitising them for public posting.

Thanks

--
---
----