svn commit: trunk/uClibc/ldso: include ldso ldso/bfin libdl

Bernd Schmidt bernds_cb1 at t-online.de
Thu Dec 6 13:46:39 UTC 2007

Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
> I think that when nptl merge will be completed, we could use something
> like that:
>
> #if defined USE_TLS || defined __FDPIC__
> #define HASH_EXTRA_TPNT
> #else
> #undef HASH_EXTRA_TPNT
> #endif
>
> and use it in _dl_find_hash wrapper.

I'd much rather get rid of the ifdeffery and just always add the extra
parameter to _dl_lookup_hash.

> I've understood that you are keeping _dl_find_hash just the same to not
> break all other arch, right?

Yes.

> I expect to see, after nptl merge, all elfinterp.c calling always
> _dl_find_hash with the extra parameter passed:
> it will be NULL, if not used (not fdpic or not tls), not NULL otherwise.
> I think that mixing _dl_lookup_hash and _dl_find_hash invocation could
> create confusion.

I don't see how, but if we defined _dl_lookup_hash so as to always have
the extra arg we can just get rid of _dl_find_hash, which would have the
effect you want.

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen