Uclibc and blackfin

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 11:46:39 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 09:41:55AM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:

>I'm in the same kind of situation as Rob, I want to have my *own* distribution running on
>the board. I don't care as much about standard sources as Rob, maybe I'm a bit more
>pragmatic :)
>
>The fun starts when you have to build a avr32 gcc and bfin gcc from the same source. An
>excerpt from the patch that Atmel distributes (for gcc 4.0.2):
>
>- -| avr-* \
>- -| bfin-* | bs2000-* \
>+| avr-* | avr32-* \
>+| bs2000-* \
>
>ehm... that's 'special'

They don't even seem to be able to provide patches that work with all
the boards they try to sell, so this little gem isn't really
surprising.. It seems to be natural to have one source tarball (of
about everything) per board, with conflicting patches (and redundant
patches).
Imagine 6000 kernel-source tarballs, each supporting one different device..
*shrug*