debugging threads

Alistair Adams adams.alistair at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 16:14:33 UTC 2007

I'm not able to debug threads, getting the SIG32 event whenever a thread has
started and then of course info threads only ever reports one thread. I've
scavenged the web for all related information and done all the usual stuff
such as ensuring solib-absolute-prefix is correct. Before I dive even
further into the problem, I wanted an opinion as to whether I might have a
toolchain mismatch. I'm using a Linux/uClibc distribution provided by a
chipset vendor. Linux is 2.6.11.7, uClibc is 0.9.26.

There are two things bothering me:
1) The release notes for the next newer version (0.9.27) mention support for
the 2.6.x kernel.
2) The vendor builds uClibc with Linux headers 2.4.25.

Am I wasting my time with the chipset vendor's configuration?

-Alistair