Uclibc and blackfin

Bernd Schmidt bernds_cb1 at t-online.de
Sat Aug 11 23:15:32 UTC 2007

Koen Kooi wrote:
> So fdpic is the future for blackfin, right?

We will continue to support it.  We'll also continue to support flat
binaries, as those have other advantages (code size, speed).

> Is there a gcc[1] out there that can do fdpic and if there isn't,
> where can I get the patch?

Please simply use the binaries provided on our web site
(blackfin.uclinux.org).  We try to get everything upstream, but upstream
release cycles are slower than ours, and some patches also haven't been
accepted by the maintainers yet.  You can't expect to build a working
toolchain from any sources except the ones we provide.

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen