Uclibc and blackfin

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Aug 10 20:36:58 UTC 2007

On Thursday 09 August 2007 8:19:02 pm Robin Getz wrote:
> Why not use the toolchain/uClibc at blackfin.uclinux.org?
>
> https://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/toolchain/scmsvn/?action=browse&pat
>h=%2Ftrunk%2F

I'm my case I'm trying to build a dozen or so different platforms from the
same source code.  Needing to grab a different toolchain for a given platform
means that platform is broken.

(Just FYI.  I poked you about this at OLS and you said it'd be six months
before all the various bits drifted upstream.  Hasn't been six months yet,
and I've been busy with documentation...)

>  - build multiple versions of uClibc

For flat and for non-flat?

>  - build bfin-uclinux- toolchain (for flat apps)
>  - build bfin-linux-uclibc- toolchain (for fdpic)

Huh, I wonder what an fdpic is...  Probably not the Federal Data Protection
and Information Commissioner (first hit)...  Goggling for "fdpic blackfin"
has this as the first reasonable hit:

http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=simple_hello_world_application_example_asm

Which uses it but isn't about it...

> > Does anybody have any pointers where I can find sources, patches or
> > configs to get a uclibc build to complete?
>
> I do this daily with the sources from blackfin.uclinux.org - and don't have
> a problem. What does the uClibc version there not support, that you want to
> build your own with?

I continue to want to build multiple platforms from the same source.  If I
can't do that, the platform is not yet supported.  By definition.

> -Robin

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.