uClibc 0.9.29-rc1 posted, should be final end of week

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Apr 18 15:11:48 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 3:18 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> >What concerns me is the enormous gratuitous change (svn 18480) aldot made
that
> >added a new config option that has _nothing_ to do with the checkin
comment,
> >made huge changes to four different files, and is justified as code
> >shrinkage, not a fix.  Is that the kind of thing that should go in during a
> >feature freeze?  (I'm not saying it's a bad patch, I'm saying it seems like
>
> I explicitely asked vapier if it was ok to checkin at this point in
> time. These hunks were lying around locally and i just forgot to apply
> them when vapier ACKed them back then. Since he reACKed them just before
> i applied them (you were even online at that time, so you should have
> seen us talking), i don't see the problem?

*shrug*  Ok.  I should re-run my tests with the current svn tip before the
final release anyway.  Good to know it got thorough review from somebody.

(And "seen you talking" != "discussion happened on the mailing list".  I have
a dozen chat tabs open when I'm on, and don't always dig into them to see
what people are talking about.)

Rob
--
Penguicon 5.0 Apr 20-22, Linux Expo/SF Convention.  Bruce Schneier, Christine
Peterson, Steve Jackson, Randy Milholland, Elizabeth Bear, Charlie Stross...