Time for 0.9.29-pre1.

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 13 17:43:46 UTC 2007

On Thursday April 12 2007 16:49, Rob Landley wrote:
> Hey mike.  I just put an unofficial 0.9.29-pre1 (svn 18418) at
> http://uclibc.org/~landley/uClibc-0.9.29-pre1.tar.bz2
>
> The unofficial release message is "Ok, there's still bugs in this, but
> they're a known, finite set of bugs.  Please tell us what they are before
> we release the final version."

I get segmentation faults with '-static -fno-stack-protector' and
with '-fstack-protector-all'. They go away if I enable uClibc's debugging...

I have been working on a patch for gcc3/gcc41 ssp, but with 0.9.29 crashing if
I scratch my head wrong I decided to patch against 0.9.28.3. The foreward
port is no problem, the rejected hunks are straight foreward to fix.

I also put the erandom stuff back in, _dl_sysctl, and an arc4random.c update
(including better copyright). I just gave up on 0.9.29-pre1 a few minutes
ago, so I should have a gcc3/4 friendly (no warnings, dual runtime
compatible) 0.9.28.3-ssp_erandom_arc4random patch this weekend.

Are you guys cool with a "result = arc4random();" "if result != -1 {return
result;}" option for tempname.c?

robert