Time for 0.9.29-pre1.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Apr 13 16:30:17 UTC 2007

On Friday 13 April 2007 4:41 am, Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:
> I hope to see svn rev 18424 in 0.9.29 as well (was supposed to
> commit it some time ago, but forgot all about it).

As far as I know (and you have to ask Mike here), 0.9.29 is going to be a
snapshot of what's in the tree at that time, so if it's in now it goes in the
final 0.9.29.

Whether or not Mike wants to have a feature freeze is up to him.  All I'm
pointing out is it's been a year and eight months since the last release
(Ausgust 2005, it is now April 2007) and at some point the development branch
becomes futile if it will never result in a release.  There's now a SECOND
development branch with the NPTL stuff, and has been for many months.  This
is sad.

Rob
--
Penguicon 5.0 Apr 20-22, Linux Expo/SF Convention.  Bruce Schneier, Christine
Peterson, Steve Jackson, Randy Milholland, Elizabeth Bear, Charlie Stross...