mmap fails with error 22

Geerts Steven Steven.Geerts at thomson.net
Thu Apr 12 14:12:29 UTC 2007

Hi

I build my cross toolchain for an arm big endian with eabi support and I
successfully booted uclibc on my target board.  But now I'm having a
problem with eabi support for one of my own programs.

In my program I call mmap to map some memory but this gives back an
error and I guess it's because it's calling the wrong mmap function.

I use gcc 4.1.2, uclibc (daily snapshot 20070308, > 0.9.28.3) and
binutils 2.17.50.0.10.  Actually I'm sure that my toolchain is working
correctly, I build the 2.6.20 kernel perfectly it boots together with
busybox and some other small applications, but I don't get my
application to work.

Are there some options to give to gcc or ld to know that we're using
eabi or not?

Best regards

steven