missing function __open(), what to do?

Shaohui Li shaohuirwth at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 5 12:52:38 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,
i 'm porting an application from i386 to mipsel platform, which requires to
use uClibc instead of glibc.
During the compilation, and especially in the phase of linking, there
several "undefined reference to some function", which are indeed not defined
in uClibc, but in glibc, such as '__stpcpy(), __xstat64, __lxstat64.c,
__close' and '__open()'. I tried to copy the code of first functions into
the source code of the application and it worked, but the last one, namely
the function '__open()' seems to be much more complicated: it gives me an
error message like the following:
open.c: In function '__open':
open.c:42: error: 'va_start' used in function with fixed args
Does anyone knows how can I solve the problem? Thank you very much!
best wishes, shaohui