How goes 0.9.29?

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Sep 5 17:49:22 UTC 2006

On Sat Sep 02, 2006 at 05:16:30PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
> So, according to the #uclibc chat thingy a couple days ago,
> Erik and Manuel were putting their heads together to triage svn
> for a possible 0.9.29 release before merging the NPTL branch.
>
> Any word on how that went?

Fine.  Looks as if mjn3 has gotten permission from his employer
to release some code developed in house and not yet released,
which is very good news.  We've worked out a bit of a plan for
moving forward.

.29 will be large as-is, plus some pending cleanups,
	merging some pending patches, and some code
	from mjn3, some pending namespace cleanups, etc.
.30 will be largely the same as .29, with the NPTL branches
	for mips, arm, sh, etc merged.
.31 for the no-kernel-headers fix, etc.

I spent the weekend playing with my kids and doing nothing at all
even resembling computing -- last chance as my older kids started
school today.  As a result, I will be working on a far more
regular schedule for a change.  Mjn3 and I are meeting again
tonight at 9 working on .29 issues, and with a bit of luck (if I
can quickly finish what I need to finish today) I may get some
time to work on it before then as well.  We are hoping to have
the 0.9.29 release ready within 2 weeks.  I'll be updating the
uClibc TODO list tonight to reflect the updated release plans.

And as usual, my actual job doing forensics stuff (the one that
puts food on my table and only peripherally involves embedded
linux) tends to take precedence when time is short...