errno definition broken in non-threaded code

Cristiano Ghirardi cristiano.ghirardi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 14:57:11 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm justing porting pppd on a custom Nios2 board and the program crash at
run-time.
I got crazy to understant what was wrong after some cleanup (fork mainly)
and I discovered
that the program crashed in the following line of code:

err = errno;

I'm making a relocable object and a custom linker map and elf2flt to produce
an BFLT executable.
I put #include <errno.h> and in uClibc I'm usinglinuxthreads.old.
After commenting out that line of code everything is working fine.
Best Regards

On 9/28/06, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 26 September 2006 14:49, Jim Blandy wrote:
> > At the moment, in non-threaded configurations, uClibc's own <errno.h>
> > says "extern int errno;"
>
> i guess i missed this part ... when i did my testing, it was against my
> standard configs which means threading was enabled ...
>
> so you're building uClibc with pthread support completely disabled eh ?
> wonder if it'd be useful to not even export the errno symbol when pthreads
> are disabled ...
> -mike

-- Cristiano