Blackfin FDPIC patch 4/N: dl_debug_state

Bernd Schmidt bernds_cb1 at t-online.de
Fri Nov 17 16:49:42 UTC 2006

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 October 2006 06:08, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
>> Another piece from Alexandre's original patch; this one changes one of
>> ld.so's functions to use hidden visibility.  I have to admit I'm not
>> entirely clear on what would happen if we didn't do this.
>
> how about the attached instead ?

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this, but I didn't actually
have the newer uClibc working on the board so I couldn't test anything.

My current version of this change is below (doesn't the hidden_def need
to go at the end?).  This seems to work ok so far (ld.so output file
seems sane and appears to work) although I haven't tried using gdb.

Not sure why Alex added protected visibility originally.

Bernd