Ping! malloc bug, and PIC and flat shared library support for m68k

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Fri Nov 17 18:15:15 UTC 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 09:38, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> writes:
> > max id -> 255
>
> Hmm.  I haven't seen that setup personally, but I couldn't say "no"
> with any certainty.  The reason I said 3 above is that the maximum id
> is MAX_SHARED_LIBS - 1 and include/linux/flat.h sets the default value
> of MAX_SHARED_LIBS to 4.

ok, i see that now ... my tests in the past were limited to just exercising
the toolchain and the blackfin port imposes a 255 limit ... time to update
our docs ;)

> >> +/* If __HAVE_SHARED_FLAT__, all array initialisation and finalisation
> >> +   is handled by the routines passed to __uClibc_main().  */
> >
> > without really looking into the issue myself (i try to stick with ELF
> > where possible), i guess there is no sane way of having shared flat just
> > use existing init/fini arrays
>
> Yeah, I think it would need some sort of extension to the file format.
> There's no equivalent of DT_INIT* and DT_FINI* tags here.

well, the DT tags only matter when the ldso is involved i thought ...
otherwise those init/fini array symbols are provided implicitly by the
linker ...
-mike