Differences in pthread behaviour glibc/uClibc

Ralf Ertzinger uclibc at camperquake.de
Wed May 31 07:23:35 UTC 2006

Moin.

On Tue, 30 May 2006 13:42:21 -0500 (CDT), sjhill at realitydiluted.com wrote:

> OpenWRT does use the linuxthreads model because it still runs a 2.4
> Linux kernel. Until OpenWRT is usable with newer 2.6 kernels, it will
> not be able to use uClibc NPTL for MIPS. Last I heard 2.6 for OpenWRT
> was in testing mode, but the binary only drivers were the issue to
> upgrading to 2.6 on most platforms.

2.6 is in the works, as you said, but has not reached a state where it
is usable on all supported platforms, so I'm stuck with 2.4 for the
time being.

So, if I have read the thread correct so far the behaviour that
every thread gets it's own pid is to be expected. Is the "thread
not killed on exec()" behaviour expected and correct, too, or is
that a bug?

Thanks.