fork on uClinux

Shaun Jackman sjackman at gmail.com
Wed May 24 17:02:39 UTC 2006

On 5/24/06, sjhill at realitydiluted.com <sjhill at realitydiluted.com> wrote:
> > > #if defined(__UCLIBC__) && !defined(__UCLIBC_HAS_MMU__)
> > > #define fork    vfork
> > > #endif
> >
> > I grepped the source from subversion of both uClibc and buildroot for
> > the token __UCLIBC_HAS_MMU__ and found no hits. Where do these three
> > lines come from?
> >
> Try grepping for 'HAS_MMU' and you'll get some hits.
>
> -Steve

I grepped through the subversion uClibc sources for HAS_MMU and
HAS_NO_MMU and found a number of hits, but I did not find anything
that seemed to remap fork to vfork, as Phil suggests it does above.

Does anyone know for certain how fork behaves on uClinux/uClibc? Does
it call vfork, fail with ENOSYS, or something else?

Cheers,
Shaun