strange segfault with pthreads in 0.9.28

Dr. Rupert Mazzucco rmaz at gmx.net
Sun May 14 22:43:21 UTC 2006

To follow up on myself:  I thought that maybe I'd have to go back to using glibc, but it turns out I can't compile glibc-2.4 either.  Configure fails:

  running configure fragment for nptl/sysdeps/pthread
  configure: error: compiler support for __thread is required

This is the gcc I built from these buildroot-patched gcc-3.4.6 sources and which was also used to build uClibc.  Could this be the reason why there is a problem with pthreads?  And if yes, how can I get __thread support?  Will it help to upgrade to gcc4? (May be a good time anyway, gcc-4.1.1 is due tomorrow.)

Thanks,
Rupert