Stupid Newbie Question?

Bob Wirka bobwirka at rtcworks.com
Tue May 2 16:42:44 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm trying out Buildroot. Have downloaded the snapshot, and tried to do
a 'make' after running through 'make menuconfig'. I didn't change
anything; just left everything as default because I want to see what it
does for a stock setup.

The build fails with 'error 2' when it can't find
"i386-linux-uclibc-gcc". Do I have to build the compiler toolchain
first? It was my understanding that Buildroot was self-contained, and
would build the toolchain, kernel, uClibc, etd.  Is this wrong?

Thank you,

Bob Wirka
Realtime Control Works