uClibc startfiles in GCC 4.x

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Fri Mar 31 23:15:08 UTC 2006

On Friday 31 March 2006 09:13, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, [big5] ¦À¤p»Ê wrote:
> >     I success build gcc 4.x and uClibc for arm , but can't find crt0.o in
> > uClibc. Gcc use crt0.o in startfiles, Type  "arm-elf-gcc -dumpspecs"
>
> see what buildroot does to build binutils/gcc/uClibc, you missed
> uClibc patches that are needed by gcc to support it properly.

not quite ... using an arm-elf target implies you dont actually need/want a
libc as the code you compile is going to be standalone executable ... take
the linux kernel for example; it's an ELF but it needs no libc or anything
beyond itself

you need to grab the patches as Peter suggested and build for an
arm-linux-uclibc target
-mike