Retiring from uClibc development

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Thu Mar 30 17:30:39 UTC 2006

Peter S. Mazinger wrote:

> I don't have such limitations, I am/was not payed for any of my uClibc
> work.

Which is fine. What Manuel, Erik and myself are asking is take into
account those of us who are getting payed to work on uClibc. With
privalege of having commit access to uClibc/buildroot comes a fair
amount of responsibility. We welcome your contributions, but at this
point I think we would rather you do development in your own branch,
and when you are ready to submit a new feature set, email us so we
can do testing and review the code. Absolutely NO NPTL code will go
into the trunk until Erik and Manuel have reviewed all of my changes.
While I think I am good at what I do, I still want an objective person
to review my code since I will have undoubtedly missed something. We
are simply asking that you do the same, or do not contribute at all.
I really do not think that is too much to ask.

-Steve